Friday, January 18, 2013

Free to Dance

Recently, my 4 year old daughter Hannah and I were at Wal-Mart, standing in line at the Customer Service Desk. This particular day the line was rather long, and as we waited, Hannah began to dance. Completely unaware of those around her, oblivious as to whether or not they were even paying her any attention, she just lived out what was in her heart. As I continued watching her, I pondered in my heart her uninhibited will to do exactly what she desires, regardless of what anyone else might think.

Since that day I have relived that moment in my mind quite often. At four years old, Hannah is completely innocent. She has not yet lived long enough to allow the world and its judgmental tones to affect the decisions she makes or to cloud her judgment. I think back to my younger days and try to remember when it was that I stopped acting in my innocence and began living in my carnal understanding and prejudiced realities.

I challenge you to start living out whatever it is that God has placed inside of your heart. Regardless of what others might think – good or bad – choose to be obedient to His calling on your life. You will be amazed at how freeing obedience really is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment