Monday, July 30, 2012

"One Thing"

Have you ever wondered what kind of impact you have on other people’s lives? What kind of impression are you leaving behind? What would be said of you when your eulogy is read? There are times when we get to catch a glimpse into the hearts of those around us. We get to see how they truly feel about us. But more often than not, we are left wondering...Did I live out the life I wanted? Did I represent the “One Thing” I wanted?

We must first learn to define our “One Thing”. Whether we realize it or not, we all have that “One Thing” that is more important to us than any other. For some it may be a person. For others, it may be an object, a hobby, an obsession, etc. But everyone has something that consumes their heart, mind, time & money more than anything else. I know what I want my “One Thing” to be. For me, that is easy ~ Jesus Christ. I want to love Him, serve Him, honor Him in everything I say and do. I want to represent Him in my speech, in my actions, in my daily walk through life. I want people to see Him when they look at me. I want it to be abundantly clear what my “One Thing” is. I don’t want anyone to ever have to wonder where I stand on an issue or what I think about something. I want it to be known that the Bible is my only answer book and my guide to living.

I want to challenge you to first determine what your “One Thing” is. What (or whom) do you most want to represent? After you have discovered your “One Thing”, then begin to live it out. Make your life a true representation of who you are and who you want to become. God tells us in Revelation 3:16, “ So because you are lukewarm and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.” Are you hot for God? Do you represent Him in everything you say or do? Don’t be lukewarm. Don’t give Him just your lip service, or just part of you. Don’t just give Him Sunday mornings, or a quick shout out whenever you are in desperate need. Don’t get caught at the end of your life with regrets that are too late to rectify. Don’t get caught having to spend an eternity separated from God because you would not make a stand now. Choose today your “One Thing” and live it out proudly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment